Happy Hump Day! Thanks for checking out Chay’s Corner!
Valentine’s Day is only 5 days away! Some of us are last minute shoppers still wondering what we are going to buy our significant other or where to go for the big date.
I personally can raise my hand to that! Tiger is lucky if I remember the day at all!
So let’s talk about the best places to go and the best gifts to give. Look no further than Chay’s Corner for all your Valentine needs!
Best Places for a Date in Knoxville
- Nama -For sushi lovers, you can’t beat it. There’s one in Market Square and Kingston Pike!
- Cheesecake Factory– Yes it seems cliché but CHEESECAKE never fails! Find it at West Town Mall
- Cook together! My Tiger makes the best food. I’d rather stay in and eat his shrimp pasta with white wine sauce! It doesn’t get any better!
- Ye Olde Steakhouse –Steak is the way to my date’s heart! Located on Chapman Highway!
- Tupelo Honey – Good ole SOUTHERN cooking wins me over every time! Another great place in Market Square!
- Wine and Canvas Date night– Packages are STILL available!
- CHOCOLATE– PEOPLE don’t cheap out on the chocolate, go for the BEST! If you got the spare funds, French chocolate is the only way to go!
- Favorite bottle of wine or whiskey– Great to pair with your dessert! I recommend Coppola Wine and Old Weller Whiskey.
- Get crafty….Guys, you have more talent than you think! Girls, they will never tell you, but guys LOVE a heartfelt, homemade gift! If you don’t have time, an ETSY personalized gift is always a great idea!
- Chocolate Factory Tour! YUMMM!! Isn’t Valentines a day ALL about sweets and dessert?
What NOT to buy your significant other:
- DO NOT buy flowers….Yes, they are nice, but do you want to waste money on a gift that will die in a few days?
- Stuffed Animals….Just don’t do it! Very few turn out as cute as you think they will.
- No Charm Bracelets……..that’s all I have to say!
- Tickets! Come on it’s Valentine’s day! Romantic dates are better than a concert just this once.
- Date Jars and coupon books– Are you really going to stick with it? I doubt it.
- Electronics- They will just take away from the one you love!
Valentines Day is all about spending time with the one you love so put away the phone and pay attention to who you are with! You might find out something you don’t know about one another if you take the time to truly enjoy your valentine!
Six Valentines later with Tiger, I have plenty of great ideas! So comment below if you need some last minute help!
Trust me! I’m just a small town girl moving to the big city living the dream!
Chay’s Corner is adding a podcast! If you want more great advice, follow the shows tab on The Volunteer Review website to the Chay’s Corner link. The first show will go up next week! I promise it will not disappoint.